Written by Little Sweet Cheeks Photography
One of the most common questions we are asked after a session is where should we have our photos printed? There are several different labs that we recommend based on your photo needs and budget. Whether you plan to display your photos in on the wall, pass out prints, or create an album, we have researched the best places to serve you!
1. MPIX is our top recommendation for printing. They carry a vast variety of products from wall art to novelty items. We especially love the quality of their photo books and albums. We find their prints are vibrant and true to color. We love their canvas prints as well. They also have great customer service and fast shipping. You can find them here at www.mpix.com.
2. Nations Photo Lab is also a high quality lab that we recommend. They carry prints, wall art, albums, cards, and other gifts. A product that we absolutely love is their standout prints. You can find the standout option in the mounting section of the prints tab. These are a great alternative to canvas prints and deliver a more colorful print. Nations is also known for their fast turn around and shipping. You can find them here www.nationsphotolab.com.
3. You can also choose to print straight from the gallery. Our gallery site also has a an amazing high quality lab built right in. All you have to do to access the galleries printing site is click on the buy now option. This lab also carries wall art, albums, and greeting cards as well. We suggest ordering the fine art prints from this site. They have lots of different paper selections available. We love the Moab Entrada Bright Rag which is also the archival prints. These prints can last 50-200 years depending on how they are displayed or stored.
4. Smallwood Prints is a great budget friendly option for printing. They have beautiful textured framed prints and canvas prints. We recommend these for those pictures that you plan to change out year after year. They also make great gift prints. This is not a color calibrated lab so colors may vary. You can find them at www.smallwoodhome.com.
5. Mixed Tiles are also a great more affordable option for printing. They specialize in printing wall art in a variety of sizes ranging from 4×4 to 20×27. The nice thing about their prints is that they are easy to install with their sticky strip on the back that won’t destroy your wall. They are great for those that like to rearrange their prints. The only con is that they are not considered a calibrated printing lab and colors may vary with each print. They can be found at. www.mixtiles.com.